Saturday, February 10, 2007

The First Week...

My first week at my new job was quite an experience. If I were to highlight the main difference between my previous company 'AirTight Networks' which was a start-up and the current one 'Symantec', professionalism would be it. Everything was totally organized and processes were in place to streamline everything conceivable. This is not to say anything bad about my previous company which was a great place to work at in its own right, but I was amazed at the way people worked here and at the facilities offered here.
The facilities at my new company are great - my PC seems to have the best configuration in the market, my workspace (cubicle) here has privacy and at least 3 times more room than my earlier one, and facilities like transport, food, recreation and in-house gymnasium make this a great place to work at! The work environment however, is not as open as it was at AirTight, neither is the pace as fast, but this corporate experience is exactly what I came here for. Another good thing is that the work here seems quite promising and interesting!
I hope my remaining experience here is as good as it was in the first week and I have a mutually beneficial association with the company, just like I had with the previous one.

2 comments:

Zaki M said...

great man -- best of luck with ur "new job"

Varun said...

Thanks pal.